Ice climbing Utah
Ice Climbing Scheduled Courses
Climber on "Stairway to Heaven"
Photo by Andrew Burr
Private Guiding & Instruction - Ice Climbing
Guides are available daily. At least a few days notice is appreciated.
POPULAR ROUTES INCLUDE:
- The Great White Icicle, WI 3-4, 650’
(Little Cottonwood Canyon)
- $349 for one person plus $133 for each additional person, plus tax. (max 2 clients per guide)
- Bridalveil Falls Area, WI 2-5, excellent single pitch and short multi- pitch routes
- $349 for one person plus $133 for each additional person, plus tax
- Miller's Thriller, WI 3-4
- $349 for one person plus $133 additional person, plus tax. (max 2 clients per guide)
- Finger of Fate, WI 4
- $349 for one person
- Stairway to Heaven, WI 5+, 800'+
- $399 for one person
COURSEWORK ON A PRIVATE BASIS:
Private guide for introduction to ice climbing, intermediate, steep climbing or mixed climbing skills is available daily. The maximum guide to client ratio for toproping is 1:4, and for multi-pitch, 1:2 is standard.
Cost: 9 for one person plus 3 for each additional person, plus tax.
- Non-cotton top and bottom under layers (capilene or polypro)
- Waterproof/windproof top and bottom outer shell (or one-piece suit)
- Down, polarguard or fleece belay jacket (one that fits over your outerwear)
- Wool (and liner) socks
- Waterproof snow gloves and mittens or spare gloves
- Fleece or liner gloves
- Hat, headband or balaclava for under helmet
- Sunglasses, goggles and/or clear, protective eyeglasses (optional)
- 1 or 2 liters of water
- Lunch and quick energy snacks
- Plastic or leather boots with rigid sole
- Vertical ice crampons
- 2 vertical ice tools with leashes (short axes for ice climbing)
- Harness and belay/rappel device *
- Helmet *
- Day backpack
Climber in Provo Canyon
Photo by Kennan Harvey
* UMA will provide you with a helmet, harness and belay device if you need them. Boots, crampons and ice tools are available for rent at local shops.