Climbing Gym Chattanooga
In recent years, Chattanooga, Tennessee has built a reputation as a hub for climbing destination points in the Southeast, and with Urban Rocks Gym, now there is an indoor destination for sport-climbers and boulderers alike. Chattanooga has a terrific climbing community and as the city’s first full-scale indoor climbing facility, Urban Rocks’ goal is to foster a positive atmosphere where everyone can get together and have a great time, whether looking to train for the real rocks, or just have fun in the gym.
For the dedicated climber, we know that a climbing gym is only as good as the routes it sets and Urban Rocks Gym is committed to adding new quality problems and routes weekly as well as investing in new holds and training equipment so that climbers can continue to challenge themselves.
Urban Rocks was built with the experienced climber in mind, but also offers a great deal for the recreational or novice climber – offering lead climbing, top roping, top-out bouldering (with fire pole escape!), as well as a kid’s wall, training area, and lounge. As Chattanooga’s full service climbing gym, this gym hopes to provide something for everyone. For those new to climbing, Urban Rocks has an experienced, professional and knowledgeable staff on hand who can educate customers on any aspect of climbing.
Urban Rocks Gym offers:
- 9, 600 square feet of total climbing terrain with 35’ walls
- 3, 000 square feet of bouldering with top-out terrain and fire pole down-slide!
- Central location with close proximity to multiple freeways
- Climate controlled facility with snack bar, changing rooms, full rental shop
- Fitness area including free-weights and climbing training equipment
- After-school programs, birthday parties, and summer camps for kids
- Team-building and other group programming
- Indoor top rope, lead climbing, advanced instruction, and self-rescue classes
- Youth climbing team and camps