Boston Rock climbing Gym
Is this your first visit to a rock climbing gym? Or your first visit to the Boston Rock Gym?
Either way, we’re glad you found us and we want to make sure that your first visit is nothing but the best! Whether it’s your first time climbing or you’re a seasoned vet, we have something for everyone. Here are a few steps to get you started:
STEP 1: Pick a Date (Any date will do!)
The Boston Rock Gym is open 7 days a week for your convenience. We are an open facility and we accept walk-ins at any time during our operating hours. NO APPOINTMENTS ARE NECESSARY!
STEP 2: Fill out a waiver
We require all participants to sign a waiver. Our digital waiver system makes this process quick and simple. Please note: Any minors (anyone under the age of 18) must have a waiver filled out by THEIR PARENT or LEGAL GUARDIAN.
STEP 3: When you arrive
When you first arrive, our friendly staff will be here to guide you through the check-in process. We will check your waiver and help you get situated with day passes and rental equipment, if needed.
STEP 4: Facility Tour and Orientation
We want you to get the most out of your time with us. All first time participants will receive a full facility tour and orientation to get you familiar with our facility. This orientation takes no time at all and is very informative. We want you to feel empowered and confident.
Our facility orientation will cover:
- The proper fitting of gear (climbing shoes and harness)
- Bouldering: A form of “free climbing” we have here at the gym. Our bouldering walls are a lot shorter than some of the other walls we have here, because of this ropes and harnesses are not necessary.
- Auto Belay Qualification: Auto Belays are mechanical devices that take care of the rope management part of climbing. This gives you access to the taller walls in our facility without needing someone on the other end to “hold the ropes” for you.
- General rules and guidelines of the gym.
- Optional belay and lead climbing test for experienced climbers. This is only required for climbers who choose to handle the ropes themselves.
STEP 5: Get on the Walls!
We hope your time with us leaves you feeling inspired, strong, and wanting to come back for more. We offer many options for classes and memberships to make climbing more accessible for you.
If you do not know how to belay and would like to learn, we recommend taking our Intro to Indoor Climbing Course. This class is only available to participants over the age of 14.
However you are welcome to come in anytime and use our five auto-belay devices. We have three walls set up with mechanical devices that allow you to climb without the need for a partner, or knowledge of the proper knots and belaying technique. Additionally, you can use our bouldering area. Bouldering is a form of climbing that is lower to the ground, and does not require the use of harnesses or belaying.
If you are interested in bringing your children in to climb, we suggested that you look into our Kid's Climb program. Otherwise, you can always hire our staff for a Private Belay. Just call the gym at least 24 hours in advance to ensure that we have staffing available.