Abbreviation for Mountain
Currently observing MST.
Areas with same time currently (UTC -7).
Currently observing MST – Mountain Standard Time.
Currently has same time zone offset as MST (UTC -7) but different time zone name.
The term Mountain Time (MT) is often used to denote the local time in areas observing either Mountain Standard Time (MST) or Mountain Daylight Time (MDT).
U.S. states using MST in the winter and MDT in the summer
- Arizona - Navajo Nation only
- Idaho - most of the state except western counties
- Kansas - some western counties only
- Nebraska - western counties
- New Mexico
- North Dakota - South-Western parts
- Oregon - parts of Malheur county only
- South Dakota - western counties
- Texas - a few counties in west
Canadian provinces/territories using MST in the winter and MDT in the summer
- British Columbia - a few eastern communities
- Northwest Territories
- Nunavut - Kugluktuk, Cambridge Bay only (Other parts use EST/EDT or EST only)
- Saskatchewan - only Lloydminster
Mexican states using MST in the winter and MDT in the summer
- Baja California Sur